8x8 has a mobile client you can download from the App Store. This client has many of the same features and a similar layout to the UC on your desktop. With the mobile client you can even transfer a call from your desk phone to your mobile phone, mid-call. You can also make/receive calls on your work extension on your smartphone.
In order to install the 8x8 mobile application please visit the App or Play Store on your device and search for 8x8. Once installed you may use your SSO credentials to access the application and quickly change call handling.
1. To log in for the first time, click the Start button and search for 8x8
2. Click the 8x8 - Virtual Office icon in the menu
3a. If the phone associated with the computer is a shared phone, you will need to login on the screen pictured below with the shared credentials for the extension. If you do not know those credentials, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
3b. If your name is displayed on the desk phone associated with your computer, you can login with your FirstFleet email address and Windows password by clicking "Use Single Sign On"
4. Next, type in your email address then click "Continue"
5. Click "Log in using SSO"
6. Enter your email address and Windows password on this screen then click "Sign In"
7. Enter your email address on this screen then click "Next"
8. You will now be signed into 8x8. When the application first launches, click the icon above the gear in the bottom left corner of the app (It may be a phone or a headset). In the pop-up window, make sure Desk phone is checked if you are working in the office. Select Computer when working remotely on your laptop.
The Virtual Office will have these contacts you can search:
- Outlook Contacts
- Driver IDs
- TMT Vendors
- TMW Companies
To make a call from a contact in the VO, go to the Search tab. You can type the name of the contact and then click the phone icon to call.
If you have any voice messages, a number will display above your phone icon. To view your voicemail, click the Phone icon and then click the voicemail tab.
One on the voicemail page, you can hit the play button to play a message. To delete a voice message, check the box beside the message and click Delete.
You are able to view and edit your phone's VM password from the 8x8 application. Settings->Account Settings->My Services.
To forward your extension:
-Click Settings -> Account Settings
-Click on the Call Forwarding tab.
-Check the box next to "Enable - Foward all calls to"
-Click the drop down and Edit to add your number.
-Click Save at the bottom of the page.
Multi-line Call Handling
Follow These Steps:
Add Another Call
During an active call, place the call on hold, click Add Call and enter the number or name of the person you wish to call.Once the call is establishes, you are handling two calls - one active, one on hold.
This will put the current call on hold.
Conference two calls together – when currently on a call
1. Click Add Call to initiate the second call. Enter the number or name of the person you wish to conference.
2. Click Call. After the call connects, click Merge to initiate a conference call.
The other party will hear music until you resume or merge the call.
End a conference call.
During a conference call, click End Conference.
Disconnects the participants in the call.
Drop from a conference call
During a conference call, click Disconnect.
This disconnects you from the conference call leaving the other participants on the call.
Click on the phone number you want to switch calls to in the Active Calls box.
The other party will be put on hold.
Call Flip using 8x8 Virtual Office
You may be heading home from work, or simply taking a short break, you do not have to rush or hang up the call on a Virtual Office extension. During the call, you can flip the call between devices and between Virtual Office applications. Be it a deskphone, a desktop using Virtual Office Desktop or Virtual Office Online, a smartphone using Virtual Office Mobile, you can move a call between devices with little effort.
You can flip calls between your 8×8 desk phone, smartphone, Virtual Office Online or Virtual Office Desktop. Here’s how:
Desk phone to smartphone
- While on a live call on your 8×8 desk phone, log into your Virtual Office Mobileapp on your smartphone.
- Dial *88 from the app dialpad and tap Call.
- The call on the on the desk phone drops and becomes active on your mobile
Smartphone to desk phone
- While on a live call on your 8×8 mobileapp, dial *88 on your desk phone and hit the dial button.
- The call on your mobileapp drops and becomes active on desk phone.
Smartphone to Virtual Office Online or Virtual Office Desktop
- Login to Virtual Office Desktop or Virtual Office Online.
- While on a live call on your 8×8 mobileapp, dial *88 on Virtual Office Online or Virtual Office Desktop dialpad and click the Call button.
- The call on the on your mobileapp drops and becomes active on the softphone on your computer screen.
Virtual Office Online or Virtual Office Desktop to Desk Phone
- While on a live call on your Virtual Office Online or Virtual Office Desktop softphone, dial *88 on your 8×8 desk phone and hit the dial button.
The call on your softphone drops and becomes active on your desk phone.